The perfect pie crust recipe you can’t fail!
It’s the only pie crust recipe you need! Perfect, quick & easy to bake, this delicious recipe could be used in baking or cooking.
Composed of only three ingredients, it will convince you to not buy an all-prepared one anymore.
Check the process now!
According to your tart
About this Recipe
The French name of this dough comes from the texture of it. Initially, this pie crust wasn’t eat. It was used to contain salty dish, vegetables. Then, it was used by bakers to contain flan.
Animal fat was used before butter to bake it.
It’s only these days that we started to eat it for our salty or sweet tarts.
- 2 cups + 1 tbsp (250g) of all-purpose flour
- 1 stick + 1 tbsp (125g) of butter
- 1/3 cup (83g) of liquid (1 egg + water)
Step by Step Instructions
Pour directly on your worktop your flour and your cold butter slices in pieces. Mix with your hands until it creates a wet sand texture with no big piece of butter.
Create a well and pour inside your eggs whisk with the water. Now, just combine everything with your hands until your form the dough.
When it’s done, press the dough with your hand palm to check that all the butter is well combined.
Form a ball and place it in plastic wrap. Let it cool for 30min before using for your tart 🤗
YOUR FREE EBOOK!
- 14 free pages full of advices to master the art of French tarts.
- Our « Foolproof » pie crust recipe
- 5 delicious tart recipes to use it
- A delicious salty version: The French Quiche