Perfect Easter dessert: Chocolate cake with chocolate icing
How can we celebrate Easter without a lot of chocolate?
This perfect fluffy and delicious chocolate cake is the Easter dessert you need. Easy and quick to bake, it will be for sure the star of your meal.
You can’t go wrong with a chocolate cake. The chocolate icing on the top and the nice Easter decor will just bring the mouth-watering result you are looking for that kind of event.
About this Recipe
Why do we eat chocolate for Easter? Easter celebrate the end of Lent. The tradition comes from the 15th century. Offering eggs for Easter symbolized the comeback to life, the Resurrection of Jesus. It could be simple or decorated eggs according to the area.
Then, the chocolate eggs appeared in the 19th century thanks to the chocolate makers.
- 2/3 cup (120g) of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 + 1/3 stick (150g) of unsalted butter
- 5,6 oz (160g) of dark chocolate
- 1 + 2/3 cup (200g) of all-purpose flour
- 1 + 1/2 tbsp of baking powder
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp (100g) of milk
- 3,5 oz (100g) of dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp (40g) of unsalted butter
- Easter eggs for the decor
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat your oven at 170°C (338°F).
Line your cake pan with butter and flour and place it aside.
Pour in a mixing bowl the eggs and the sugar. Whisk your mix until it becomes whiter.
In another mixing bowl, place your dark chocolate with your butter and melt them together thanks to your microwave.
Then, pour your chocolate mix in your eggs mix and stir with a spatula.
Add the flour and the baking powder and continue to stir.
Finally add the milk and stir until everything is well combine.
Pour your preparation in your cake pan and place it in the oven preheated for 40min.
When it’s cook, just let it cool completely before removing it from the pan.
When your cake is completely cool, you could bake your chocolate icing
Place in a mixing bowl the chocolate and the butter and melt them together in the microwave.
Stir to obtain a smooth result and just pour it on the top of your cake to have a nice result with some drops on the edges.
Place on the top your Easter eggs for the decor and let it solidify completely before serving.
YOUR FREE EBOOK!
- 14 free pages full of advices to master the art of French tarts.
- Our « Foolproof » pie crust recipe
- 5 delicious tart recipes to use it
- A delicious salty version: The French Quiche